[PHOTO] Identification help? | Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:25:30" />

[PHOTO] Identification help?

Hi,

I'm no expert Irisarian, so please bear with me...

Anyhow, my parents live in an old house in the Chicago suburbs estimated
to have been built in 1868.  Turn of the century paintings (by the guy
across the street) show relatively established plantings of iris and
peonies around the entire lot.

These stands of peonies and iris still exist, but we have no idea what
they are.  Although the peonies range in type from double to single and
white to deep burgundy, all of the irises are like the two that I'm
including below.  Is it just plain old Iris pallida?  I realize that
the photographs aren't that great, but maybe someone out there can
use the time period as an aid in the identification?

Thanks oodles for any pointers,

Chris

JPEG image

JPEG image