[PHOTO] SIB: Pleasures of May | Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:39:09" />

[PHOTO] SIB: Pleasures of May

Drat!  This is such a subtle colored and beautiful flower.  Unfortunately my
photo did not turn out well.  And I only took one photo!  Check out the two
big branches on this stalk.  The falls are a smooth lavender, looked like
they were made of cake frosting.
This iris was also one of the first to bloom, hence the name.  I expect it to
even be earlier when it is established as this was a first year plant and I
find most bloom later than normal on first year.

Linda Doffek
West Bend, WI  Zone 5

JPEG image