Re: Identification help?

From: "Edmundas Kondratas" <stogutis@kaunas.omnitel.net>

it is not best way to identify iris species from flower photo. Conclusions
can be wrong. It is better to look for other signs distinnctive for that
species if you think it is. I put you description from book "The Iris" by
I.pallida Lam., subsp. pallida. (Syn. I.dalmatica Hort.) The really
distinctive feature of  this lovely bearded iris is the wholy silvery papery
appearance of the bracts, quite unlike those of any other species. It is a
tall plant with branched stems up to 1.2metres height and grey-green leaves
1-4cm wide, usually about half as tall as the stems.The two to six large,
deliciously scented flowers are about 9-11cm in diameter and are soft lilac
blue with a yellow beard."
Now you can try compare description with your plant.

Edmundas Kondratas
Kaunas, Lithuania,  zone 5.