Re: borer - WOW!

From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>

Dennis said:

>Here are some photos of the problem I mentioned yesterday on IRIS-TALK.  I
assume it's damage from an iris borer.  Mark Cook seemed to think the borer
is now pupating in the soil, because when I found the problem, there was no
borer in the rhizome.  But as you can see, the tunnel goes all the way

Wow!  What a sight first thing in the morning!!

We don't have iris borer here in Australia because of our strict quarantine
laws and vigilant inspectors.

I am off to AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service) in a few minutes
to have some exports checked and will I be saying my prayers that we don't
have THAT scurge in the Land of Oz.

Does it attack La. iris too?

Cheers for now,
Heather Pryor