Re: BLUSHING CHERRY

From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>

I believe that the color marks on Blushing Cherry are virus marks and not
broken color.  Virus marks are caused by a virus. Some plants are more
susceptible to virus marking than others.  Weather conditions also seem to
be a significant factor is virus marking because there can be years where
there is no virus marking. My experience with virus marking comes from the
older arilbreds, many of which are susceptible to virus marking. I had a lot
of older arilbreds at one time. A hungry gopher got into the bed and totally
eliminated 45 of 57 clumps in the bed. My trapping technique were not
adequate to catch that gopher.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden,
El Dorado Hills, CA      USDA zone 9