Re: BLUSHING CHERRY

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Patrick Orr wrote:

> From: "Patrick Orr" <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com>
>
> Although it is typically thought that a virus causes such markings on
> irises, such is not the case with this cultivar.  These marks are genetic
> and have been consistent since its maiden bloom prior to its introduction
> more than 11 years ago.

This thread has started on iris-photos, and I thought it would be good
to move it over to iris-talk. If you are interested in seeing the
picture , it is in the archives at:

http://www.mallorn.com/lists/iris-photos/

My questions are:

Would it not be true that the virus would be passed on from increase to
increase? How does one tell the difference between a virus and a broken color?

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-talk

Subscribe to iris-photos at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-photos

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/937/0/_/503733/_/953135731/