Is This Florentina?

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

This popped up in a group of rhizomes that I salvaged from the deserted
site of an old California town (nothing left there). I had seen some
purple ones growing there for several years. Small, over grown, in the
same poor soil for probably 100 years. Last summer I finally got around
to digging up a few samples. They were all Crimson King, except for this
one rhizome. which is a different form and color. I suspect it is I.
florentina. Thoughts?

Those of you on iris-talk can see the picture at:

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!