[PHOTO] RE: Historic Identification Request | Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:09:22" />

[PHOTO] RE: Historic Identification Request

Hi all,

Recently, a rhizome a friend gave me last year bloomed.  He purchased it from a nursery that gets about 80 of them a year from a little old lady that lives near them.

They pot the rhizomes and sell them as "purple" irises.  No name.

For those of us growing it in the Phoenix area, this iris is carefree, disease (rot) resistant, free flowering, great branching/bud count, produces increases like a rabbit (I have six increases so far on it), and I I have two crosses out of two tries successfully forming seed pods on it right now.  As an added bonus, the flower is really pretty.

Once it bloomed I recognized that it had a really old form and is most definitely a historic.  I would really like to find out the name of this cv, and figured with all its different colors and patterns it shouldn't be that difficult to identify.  I have been through the historic website, and did not find any iris there resembling this one.

So I am asking for your help.  Does anyone recognize it, or know of someone I can get in touch with to find out?  I would really like to find out.

Patrick
Phoenix, AZ  USA
Zone 9

JPEG image