Re: RE: Historic Identification Request

Patrick ,  This is a real beauty !!!  If you do happen to find out who
she   is , please let us know.  I'd love to be growing this in my yard ,
the style arms are out of this world.  Goodluck on getting horned or
flounced seedlings from your cross with Black Hope.

Chris Darlington
Blainville , Quebec

> Patrick Orr wrote:
> Hi all,
> Recently, a rhizome a friend gave me last year bloomed.  He purchased
> it from a nursery that gets about 80 of them a year from a little old
> lady that lives near them.
> They pot the rhizomes and sell them as "purple" irises.  No name.
> For those of us growing it in the Phoenix area, this iris is carefree,
> disease (rot) resistant, free flowering, great branching/bud count,
> produces increases like a rabbit (I have six increases so far on it),
> and I I have two crosses out of two tries successfully forming seed
> pods on it right now.  As an added bonus, the flower is really
> pretty.
> Once it bloomed I recognized that it had a really old form and is most
> definitely a historic.  I would really like to find out the name of
> this cv, and figured with all its different colors and patterns it
> shouldn't be that difficult to identify.  I have been through the
> historic website, and did not find any iris there resembling this one.
> So I am asking for your help.  Does anyone recognize it, or know of
> someone I can get in touch with to find out?  I would really like to
> find out.
> Patrick
> Phoenix, AZ  USA
> Zone 9
>                                          Name: Unknown_in_front_yard_irisa.JPG
>    Unknown_in_front_yard_irisa.JPG       Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                      Encoding: base64

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
Apply NOW!