--- In iris-photos@y..., neilm@c... wrote:
> --- In iris-photos@y..., "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@m...> wrote:
> There's an iris of IB or BB height, that looks much like

Neil Mogensen responded:  "...one or more of the Nashville

It was Geddes Douglas I was thinking of.  He introduced two (at
least) from Extravaganza X Wabash, the first GAYLORD, the second
CRITERION.  Another, but remote, possibility might be HELEN
COLLINGWOOD, but this one doesn't look a lot like Wabash.  GAYLORD
does.  Another small possibility would be one of the parents of
Wabash, CANTABILE.  It was an amoena with sharp contrast, but I think
rather unsolid in the falls.

I think Mary Tharp in Idaho had a bright, clean amoena too, but I
have no idea of a name (if the memory is even true).  This one would
be unlikely, however, as I doubt it would have circulated into the
Midwest.  The Nashville ones would have--they had national
circulation.  What of the Sass irises?  Were there any amoenas from
their breeding?

Neil Mogensen   zone 7a  western NC