[PHOTO] Iris lactea | Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:55:02" />

[PHOTO] Iris lactea

The 3rd new iris species has bloomed for me this spring. This time it
is Iris lactea. In fact each of the species is in a different series of the
section Limniris of the subgenus Limniris (the beardless iris) that
I have not experieced before!

This time it is also the first iris that I have grown from seed to bloom,
so I'm doubly excited! I'm attaching a photo. It has a sweet scent,
and as you can see, the ants think it is quite wonderful.

   Ken Walker
   Concord, California  USA
   USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 14

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/GjZVlB/TM