Re: Seeking Triple Socket Assistance

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seeking Triple Socket Assistance
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:16:57 EST

Perfection is a lot like beauty. It exists in the eye of the beholder. For
me, perfection is not an absolute nor is it incontrovertible. For me,
perfection is neither qualitative nor quantitative. For me, perfection is
more a presence felt than a finite observation.

When I look at iris I rarely see one I do not like. It is far, far more
difficult to find an ugly one than a pretty one. Soooooooo......I concentrate
on plant traits.  I do want longer bloom (I never tire of looking at em). I
want more blooms (I never see enough of 'em). I want fragrant blooms (I never
smell enough of 'em). I want......I never .. ad infinitum.

Some people express their concept of perfection with different words, saying
"I know what I like." But then, they probably never tried to choose irises.

The oft asked question "which one do you like best?" is the easiest for me to
answer -- it's the one I've not yet seen bloom.

Thanks for the response and hope you feel perfection soon (bloom season),

Bill Burleson

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!