Re: Irises in South/was triple socket

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Irises in South/was triple socket
  • From: GardnrJan1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:25:11 EST

In a message dated 3/15/2002 2:52:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:

Third: We need to aid the few hybridizers in the South with encouragement of their work through purchase of introductions bred for our climate.

HI again Bill,
      Amen here....you know, I actually read in a "flowers for the south" book that irises "don't do well" down here.    Perhaps I should invite the author to my backyard when anywhere from 80-120 varieties bloom each year. <g>.    I'm not sure if I remember he was (maybe) talking only about TB's.    I have about 90 just of those.

Janet Natale, actively trying to help that southern hybridizers quota
zone 8 of SC, Myrtle Beach

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor