Re: Re: Starlord, Your pictures are gibberish

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Starlord, Your pictures are gibberish
  • From: "Starlord" <starlord@inreach.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:59:57 -0800

When I'm on my Atari TT030 machine which uses the UUECODE by defualt, the mime
encoded files look the same way. Both encode systems take a file and convert
each bit into an ASCII char and transmits it that way, then if set up right the
reciving comeputer decodes the file on the fly. This has been around since the
first files where transmitted over a network from one computer to another in
uuecode formatt.

2,500,000 tons of steel, spining all alone
in the Dark ... The Place is Babylon 5

Akumaizer Cattery
Global Japanese Bobtail Club
Telescope Buyers FAQ