AIS: 4th Annual Geek Dinner

  • Subject: [iris-photos] AIS: 4th Annual Geek Dinner
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:19:25 -0800

Finally, at last, Geek Dinner Info.

For those of you new to the list or to the AIS National Convention,
every year we have a dinner for those of use that are interested in
computers and irises (and anyone else that would like to come). Thus the
name "Geek Dinner."

We have dinner and doorprizes and an auction to raise money for
electronic services in AIS. We have a good time. We get to meet people
face to face that we only know by email.

This year it will be Sunday evening from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Dinner will
cost $21.00 and you have your choice of Lasagna with Meat sauce, or a
vegetarian dinner of Farfalle pasta with grilled fresh vegetables and a
light marinara sauce. Each of the entrees are accompanied by salad,
garlic bread sticks, and dessert.

In past years we have had 2 hours, but because of room scheduling we are
facing a shortened schedule. What this means is that we will will start
dinner promptly at 5:15 and have a shorter auction.

Previously, many people have graciously brought food items to share as
doorprizes, auction items and dessert, but because of the short time we
have this year I am asking that anyone offering to make a donation, only
offer items with an iris theme.

If you know of anyone who would like to come to the dinner, but is not
on iris-talk or iris-photos please let them know.

Please email your reservations to:

Mailto:Joanne@usjoneses.com

(Most email programs will allow you to just click on that link to
generate a blank mail message) DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST

Please send your check, made out to Joanne Prass-Jones to:

Joanne Prass-Jones
35572 Linda Dr
Fremont, CA 94536

Like wise, if you would like to donate an item for the auction or
doorprizes, let Joanne know. We would appreciate it greatly.

Don't wait until you get to the convention, it will be too late. The
hotel requires a firm head count by the Wednesday prior to the dinner.

Thx

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA