Re: Re: uuencoded files

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: uuencoded files
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@attbi.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:25:39 -0800

irischap wrote:

> I did some research/checking and it would appear that there shouldn't
> be any problem with these files and most e-mail programs should
> automatically read them. I initially suspected, and more so now, that
> the problem is with Yahoo.  If you look carefully you'll see that the
> photo is a .jpg file, but it is not an attachment, but is an embedded
> file. It appears that Yahoo interpreted it as an asci file and part of
> the message, and embedded it. After what they did it probably can't be
> easily put back together as a photo.

Actually, they did make it inconvenient, but not that difficult, at
least for someone with a program that can decode a uuencoded file.

On my linux system I saved StarLord's first message as starlord.uue
and then typed in the command

uudecode -o starlord.jpg starlord.uue

creating the file starlord.jpg, which displayed just fine.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@attbi.com
Gerry Snyder, AIS Director & Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iZp8OC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM