Re: Re: Arilbreds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Arilbreds
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:33:46 -0700

I get all my Arilbreds from Kary Iris Garden in Scottsdale, AZ.  Ardi Kary is the president of the Sun Country Iris Society that I belong to.  Arilbreds do very well here in hot, dry southern Arizona.  They multiply like crazy and bloom like crazy.  I counted 25 bloom stalks on one of those second year clumps.  They have to be divided every two years.  I think they are easier to grow than any other kind of iris.  Their biggest problem is that they last such a short time.  I wish they could bloom all summer.

Where are you located, Brice?

Francelle Edwards   Glendale, AZ   Zone 9