Re: Using Foliage for colour correction

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Using Foliage for colour correction
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:14:07 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., oneofcultivars@a... wrote:

> Monitors are not famous for giving true color reproduction but are
still
> pretty good. The best readily available indication of correct color
is to
> look at the foldage. We all know what color it is. Right? I like
experiments.
> For the information to be  most useful, you have to know what pH
each is
> planted in and the potassium content of the two locations. Such in
the plight
> of those with a curious mind.
>
> Bill Burleson

A good point. But be aware that there are variations in colour of
foliage. As I carefully observe leaf colour I can note many shades of
green, ranging from a yellow-green, to intense emerald green, to quite
dark green. A couple of examples, Heather Carpet, one of my SDB is a
very strong grower and the foliage is a strong darker emerald green.
It also starts growing and greening up much earlier in spring then
anything else I grow (about 200+ named varieties plus seedlings).
Limesicle, my green SDB glaciata, has very dark green foliage, lacking
the emerald tone found on most bearded iris foliage.

Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada zone 4/5

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BgmYkB/VovDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM