Re: Re: Using Foliage for colour correction

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Using Foliage for colour correction
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:29:14 EST

Chuck I certainly agree there are variations in the green tint seen in iris
foldage. Some even leaning toward 'blue gray" almost devoid of green tint.
Many of us seldom actually see the iris we are adding to those we grow, in
bloom, prior to purchase other than in a picture. We so often purchase from
pictures as well as discuss merits and/or failures based on photos.
Generally, pictures taken on overcast days, without flash, give us the best
true color reproduction though not always. And certainly any that have the
color saturation, intensity, etc., digitally manipulated retard our ability
to make intelligent decisions. Paying attention to foldage tint, while not
fool proof, is the best readily available indicator of color reproduction
quality I'm aware of. Your point is well taken. It should not be the only

Thanks for the input,
Bill Burleson

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.