[PHOTO] Re: Confusion...I. confusa-I. japonica - Clump Pics | Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:59:26" />

[PHOTO] Re: Confusion...I. confusa-I. japonica - Clump Pics

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Confusion...I. confusa-I. japonica - Clump Pics
  • From: John Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:00:58 -0800

Hensler wrote:

> John,
> These are gorgeous!
> One thing I've heard mentioned as well is that japonica will have a glossy
> finish on one or both sides of its leaves while the others in this group
> will not. Can you confirm?

Hi Christy,

Yes, that is true (not that I noticed it before...) as the first of
these pictures will (try to) show.

The second picture shows the difference between the front and back color
of the leaf. The difference in color is much greater between the front
and back of I. confusa than of I. japonica.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: