[PHOTO] TB: REB: Harvest of Memories & PBF | Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:10:02" />

[PHOTO] TB: REB: Harvest of Memories & PBF

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: REB: Harvest of Memories & PBF
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:08:46 -0500

Purple based foliage on Harvest of Memories.  Posted especially for the
"papa" of this iris, Lloyd Z.

Lloyd, this iris continues to be the most aggressive super dooper recent
iris that I grow.  I have moved starts of it to ever more dreadful
locations, just to see how it will do, and it thrives.  I have a photo
of a clump of it, with pods, competing with a small hackberry tree
seedling next to the barn where it gets all the runoff from the barn

My ambition is to introduce one iris that will prove to be as tough as
this one.  For me, it is as tough and healthy as I. pallida.  I suspect
this iris will be a "pass along" plant for centuries.

Notice in the photo that I had to clear away the thick stand of henbit
that was nearly a foot tall.  Also notice the thick mulch of wood chips
<covering> the rhizome.

(want to bet that triggers a rush on HOM this year?)

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
Updates on migrant whooping cranes: