virus alert

  • Subject: [iris-photos] virus alert
  • From: "Nancy Price" flags@pld.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:47:13 -0600

The following message was sent to me from a friend whom had emailed me
and sure enough I
found the little.............  This only takes a minute to check and see if your computer is infected.
Very simple to do.....just the follow the clear instructions

address book was infected with a virus by someone who had me in his/her address book and as a result so has yours, because your address is in my book.

The virus is called JDBGMGR.EXE and is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti-virus programs. It sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you send emails. I AM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THIS, HOWEVER, the good news is it is really easy to get rid of it.

Instructions follow:

1. Go to "start" button in lower left corner. Click on it and then move your pointer up to "find" or "search."

2. Click on "find" or "search" and move over to "files or folders" and click on it.

3. A new window will open. Type in the top space the name "JDBGMGR.EXE". Move your pointer to the bottom white space and make sure it is set to search your "C" drive (or whatever your main drive designation is).
4. Click "find" or "search" to begin the search.

5. The virus has a Teddy Bear logo with the name JDBGMGR.EXE

6. DO NOT OPEN...DO NOT OPEN!!!!!!

7. RIGHT click on the logo and point and click on "delete" on the window that opens.

8. Go to the recycle bin on your desktop and right click on it and then click on empty recycle bin.

9. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

To Do this:

1. Open a new e-mail message

2. Click the icon of the address book next to the "to"

3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

4. Copy the message, enter subject and paste to email, and send

REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO DO THIS QUICKLY

SORRY

Frank Williams - Fisch
Marketing Director - KSYN 92.5, KJMK 93.9
On-air Personality - KSYN 92.5
Zimmer Radio Group
1309 S. Monroe
Joplin, MO 64801