[PHOTO] CULT: Squirrel Damage | Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:45:32" />

[PHOTO] CULT: Squirrel Damage

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] CULT: Squirrel Damage
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" redear@infinet.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:48:35 -0500

For those that think those little monsters do not eat iris.  I went out this morning and caught one in the act. I even had camera in hand but was so mad I didn't think to take a picture. It was sitting up eating a rhizome holding it its paws. It had cut or ate all the new roots and was working on the rhizome.
Picture is of one that I found with a lot of damage. They are so over populated in tow there is not enough food so they will eat about anything.
I know of people on one side of town live trap them and release them in a park on the other side of town. The people on the other side trap them and bring them back to a park on that side. Wondering if the squirrels enjoy the many trips.
Mike Greenfield
SW Ohio Zone 5b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

JPEG image