Re: Linda Mann's markers.

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Linda Mann's markers.
  • From: Vicki vicki_c@attbi.com
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:01:50 -0800

We use plastic tags when we hybridize, after the seedlings are planted
the tag is placed into the ground along with a section of  " venitian
blind" slat which has the cross number. We then chart the location and
number of seedlings in each cross  to be extra sure we know the location
of each cross.
Our neighbors ducks pulled out several markers one year.
We have found the best marker pens at A>M> Leonard, IncThey are located
in Piqua, Ohio Phone 1-800-543-8955.
Their pens outlast the sharpie's.