Re: Help Please

While I am with the folks who are not fans of the color combination, I
do look for more than color myself. That said, this is one of those
times when a flower pic and a pic of a clump would help. Some color
combo's that don't appeal to me I still buy and grow because they make
an eye catching clump, or are good growers or have outstanding bud count
and branching...

For example, FOGBOUND justs makes a magnificent display in my garden.
And while I'm not a fan of JURRASSIC PARK, it sure is eye-catching and
makes a great show stalk... and so on...

But on this one, a 7 bud count is only average. Without a clump shot,
and without some more information about growth, branching and the like,
I think it would be hard to say. If its is good growth, good branching,
average bud count and this different color, then IMHO its got something
worth introducing, regardless of whether its another THORNBIRD as far as
color pleasing...

But to keep it in perspective, I am pretty ruthless on seedling
evaluation. I want good plus distinct when I look at my own seedlings...

Mike Sutton wrote:
> watched this for about 5 years.  it gets lots of comments (not always
> positive) I would like some input.  George feels like it is an improved
> Bayberry Candle.  TB 7 buds
> Thanks for any help
> Mike

           Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

   cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/