Re: SPEC: Unlabelled African Irid

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: SPEC: Unlabelled African Irid
  • From: "Jan Clark" janclarx@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:58:11 +1000

>I was at the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden yesterday and spotted
>a beautiful little flower that appears to be some type of irid, but it
>was not labeled. It has curiously spiraled leaves. Does anyone know
>what it is?

Ken I am sure it is one of the moraea's of which there are many (Do a google
for International Bulb Society and check out their gallery).
It looks most like M. polystachya, but that doesn't have spiral leaves. Are
you sure that isn't just a strange abberation? Your photo seems to show a
normal leaf on the other side of the plant.
Cheers, Jan

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/2gGylB/TM