[PHOTO] PCI: Jans Seedlings | Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:09:27" />

[PHOTO] PCI: Jans Seedlings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] PCI: Jans Seedlings
  • From: "Jan Clark" janclarx@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:09:22 +1000

Francesca wrote:
>Jan, what kind of seeds were they, i.e., who was the donor.

They are, to the best of my knowledge, all of Ghio origin. Harold Peters
sent me a goodly quantity 3 years ago, which I shared generously among the
iris society members and other. Perhaps i should have kept them all :-)
I also had Ghio seed 1st or 2nd generation, from other sources. These were
mixed, as I knew they were all seedlings and didn't see much point
seperating them.

>They are all beautiful but I believe the the 2 dark ones are >especially
>nice, in that one does not see them that good looking as >well. The one
>with the greatest contrast is very special. I would >encourage you to
>develop that line even more.

I have a packet labelled E15C with 32 seeds. I did only a little hand
pollenating, and this should be one of them. The pollen will have come from
another favourite, and very prolific blooming PCI, that I will post below.
My photos are not brilliant. My son is working on a web page for me, and I
will use my digital camera next bloom season, to get a lot more , hopefully
better shots.

I have selected very carefully and only kept seed from the very best, and
this year will make more effort to hand pollenate and label. I have about
1000 seeds to share between BIS and SIGNA this year. This is also well
selected, individually labelled seed, and some mixed.
Cheers, jan

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!