Re: Re: AB: Things to Come

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: AB: Things to Come
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:38:11 -0700

I like the flowers of I. stolonifera, so I think I might be tuned into the
"stolonifera look".  I've got a lot to learn, and learning the ancestry
helps me out a lot.

                    eo"                  To:     iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
 .                  <arilbredbreed       cc:
                    er@cs.com>           Subject:     [iris-photos] Re: AB: Things to Come
                    03/29/03 09:03
                    Please respond
                    to iris-photos

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Margie Valenzuela <IrisLady@c...>
> Hi Dave,
> Things to Come is a McAllister '93. The checklist doesn't go into
that kind of detail on this one, but there are some markings on this
one that are quite similar to Desert Fire - so I would think that
stolonifera is in it's ancestry too.  Good eye!

The pod parent was BALALAIKA MUSIC, which was from WERCKMEISTER'S
BEAUTY X DUNSHANBE -- so THINGS TO COME does have Ii. stolonifera,
hoogiana, and korolkowii ancestry.

Sharon McAllister