Re: hyb: Fun with COLOR BRITE and MESMERIZER PART 2 - REBLOOMER

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: hyb: Fun with COLOR BRITE and MESMERIZER PART 2 - REBLOOMER
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 03:14:22 -0000

Hello Michael,

I'm glad you had fun.  Your results are fun to see as well.  That is
a very subtle pink on the second one.  How bright does the ring get
and does it show up in cooler temps?  What was the direction of your
cross?  COLOR BRITE as the pod parent?  As for the incredible edible
seedling, I've found that some cultivars are more tasty to a variety
of varmints than others seem to be.  Deer have been inordinately
fond of Tasco intros here, e.g., and other cultivars are more prone
to chewing insects year in and year out than some of their neighbors
seem to be.  I have noticed that some with strong aromas (at least
those my own sniffer can detect easily) also tend to attract a
variety of chewing insects more than those that have little or no
pronounced odor.  Can bugs smell?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA