AIS: Essay Contest

  • Subject: [iris-photos] AIS: Essay Contest
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:00:56 -0800

This is an announcement about the AIS Foundation Ackerman Essay Contest.

Due to the late arrival of many AIS January bulletins our youth members
not had adequate time to prepare their essays for this year's contest.
The due date
has been extended to March 2lst, the first day of spring.

I would so appreciate if iris-talk members, who know AIS Youth members;
get this news out to them.  I will be sending individual letters out on
Monday, March
1st. The announcement regarding the essay contest is on page twelve
(12) of the
January AIS Bulletin.  This year's topic is "How I think my iris garden
benefits me and
others around me."

Youth members may send their essays to me by email to
Claire235@aol.com. Every
youth member who enters has their entry published in the youth
"The Iris Fan" and receives an iris rhizome or two for entering.

Hoping for many entries.

Claire Honkanen, PO BOX 235, Isle of Palms,SC 29451. or Claire

Please refer any replies or questions to Claire at Claire235@aol.com