Re: CULT: Borer photos

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: Borer photos
  • From: jjnettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:10:09 -0500

Now that looks like bass bait! Bass are bitin' like a new hatch of mosquitos.You have to leave the bait off your hook and keep the empty hook real still to keep from catchin' 'em right now.... course you can keep the hook out of the water too. But you have to keep it way out or the big ones will jump out and get it anyway.
Bill I can tell you are a real fishefrman. My self I use Catalputa worms. Fishing has justed started up here. Bass hiting lures well and Crappie are starting to show up in good number. By the time the dogwoods bloom, fishing is in high cotton as we say here.
As for borers, I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have always put out moth balls in the fall to keep squirrel out of my beds and found out recently they are also used as great deterrent against "borers". Just lucky I guess, I have never SEEN a borer before. I guess I have lost Iris to them, but just though the Iris had died an early demise.

Go ketch some good ole bigguns.......................The Old Coot

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Links