RE:RE: IPHOTO: IRIS in bloom testerday

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE:RE: IPHOTO: IRIS in bloom testerday
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:57:15 -0500

Elm, some of your photos come through to the archive where I can pick them up, but this last one did not, showing the same blank area some of the other photos have shown.  I suspect it is my software that is responsible....not your doing.  It's a trade off--less spam, but lost opportunities to see some good things.
I  also wanted to comment---the danfordiae I planted here fall before last and had lovely bloom last spring have all vanished, and my snow crocus seem to be gradually fading away.  Either the wet summer last year rotted them (which is what I suspect), or else they made a tasty meal for something underground--voles perhaps.
That''s odd, because the blue and purple reticulatas and the larger, later crocus are thriving and getting to be substantial clumps.  Maybe they are tougher?  Or less tasty?
We were in full bloom with both the latter and had a day of high velocity, desicating wind that wiped them all out.  They are laying over or just wilted--and look done for the year.  We had one or two glorious days with them.
Neil Mogensen   z 7  western NC

Yahoo! Groups Links