Re: PHOTO: IRIS in bloom yeterday

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PHOTO: IRIS in bloom yeterday
  • From: jjnettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:18:58 -0500

Elm,
Are these about 6-8 inches high?  I was visiting my mother in Seattle and she had several clumps of these in her yard.  Of course I brought some home to Montana with me.  For now they are in a large container as I have fields on all sides and mice by the 100s.  So far they leave the daffodils and bearded iris alone but eat all the other bulbs I have tried,
Linda W
Linda, I have used "moth balls" for years to ward off squirrels. I don't know how they would work on other thing. I deliberate left a patch of Tulips I planted this fall, not "balled". The squirrels devastated it. The rest were untouched.SO from now it is "moth balls" for me in the fall and spring until plants get started good. Since moth ball are the same chemical as toilet bowl blacks, I am not surprised that they also prevent borers (according to one journal).

The Old Coot

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Links