Re: Re: Re:inexpensive iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Re:inexpensive iris
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:14:23 EST

In a message dated 3/11/2004 5:42:07 PM Central Standard Time, wildbill@techie.com writes:

anybody can request a free catalog through that number too.  They were really friendly when I called them earlier today.  Will.

I'll add in the 2 cents I know.  I have bought daylilies from them and was pleased with their service.  In fact, I currently have a decent order in for Peonies and daylilies.  Ran out of energy before I could did all of either last fall.

Several years ago now, 10 or more, Jim Hedgecock of Comanche Iris Gardens in Gower MO bought out Wilds stock of irises.  They were mainly selling historics at that time.  They were out of the iris business for about 2 years while they built up stock on many newer irises.  I'm was relatively sure they grow most things themselves.

I emailed them about Celebration Song being incorrectly pictured when I received their catalog several weeks ago.  Of course, it's too late to do anything this year, but they can change it next year.  I've not bought irises from them because they are always behind the curve for me.

When I receive my orders . . . new daylilies next month and peonies in the fall, I will report.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here