Re: TB: Germanica? Purple

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Germanica? Purple
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:09:39 EST

In a message dated 3/14/2004 5:18:46 PM Central Standard Time, willwarner@alltel.net writes:

That's really interesting Bill, that is a different unknown Iris that I have.
Was Germanica not a wild collected species?

I defer to the expertise of those more astute concerning "wild collected species" but I had always thought so. The picture I posted is of a start provided by the senior Mr. Warbeck now deceased almost 15 years. He was an emigrant to this county from Germany and a most knowledgeable craftsman of marble. He said the iris had been grown by his grandmother. Neither of us had an interest in irises that exceeded our fascination with marble at the time.

Irises here are often special for different reasons..... a good story or a good person being as good as any.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links