Re: historic iris sources (was Re: *germanica*)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: historic iris sources (was Re: *germanica*)
  • From: Jean Richter <richter@eecs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:15:25 -0800

Here are some of the commercial sources for historic iris that I
particularly like.

The two I like the best (and order the most from) do not
have web sites:

Superstition Iris Gardens
randrcv@sierratel.com
2536 Old Highway
Cathey's Valley, CA 95306
They have a photo gallery of the irises they sell at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/rickt103
This page has pictures of the historics they offer:
http://community.webshots.com/user/rickt103/1
They're a tour garden for this year's national
convention, and just put out their 2004 catalog.

Bluebird Haven Iris Garden
6940 Fairplay Rd., Somerset CA 95684
530/620-5017
jhess@innercite.com
Lots of historics, including many Lloyd Austin iris.
Haven't seen their 2004 catalog yet, but it should
be out soon.

Argyle Acres: http://www.argyleacres.com/

Riverview has tons of historics in their catalog.
I have limited experience ordering from them -
the one time I tried they were out of the
particular historic I was looking for, though
they came through with the non-historic I wanted
and gave me generous extras as well.
http://www.riverview-iris-gardens.com/

Hope this helps,

Jean
zone 9, SF bay area, with tons of early bloom!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511