Re: SDBs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDBs
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:41:29 EST

Nice pics of the sdb's!

I have been meaning to respond to some of your posts since you are just a hop ,skip and a jump away from Champaign, Illinois.  I have relatively little experience with SDB's since they don't do well down in my native Texas.  I too have What Again and was slightly concerned that I might not be treating the plants right when I noticed differences in the colors and patterns in the rebloom. The colors weren't as vivid and the falls seemed to have faint streaking in them.  The crazy thing bloomed three times the first year I had it but then didn't do as well the second . We'll have to see about this, the third year.  Have you had the same experience with reblooming SDB's?   The only other rebloomers that I have had are Eleanor Roosevelt, which will rebloom if you look at it funny, and Immortality, which doesn't have any colors other than white with which to be inconsistant. I am very curious  to see what you have found.

I am currently on the road and I don't have a picture of the streaking I am refering to with me. I guess I'll go ahead and post what I do have of What Again.  I am hoping that when I get home from this job in Colorado that my SDB's will have grown quite a bit!

Greetings from a relatively near neighbor!

Brian Davis
Champaign,Illinois

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image