Re: Re: SPECIES: why here? germanica

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Re: SPECIES: why here? germanica
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:46:45 -0500

John,

I acknowledge I was one of the more verbal offenders in the contributions to this thread, more proper to the intent behind Iris-talk than Iris-photos.  This is not the first time I have found myself in this situation.

Once we got rolling with the subject I was in a quandary of what to do.  Your suggestion of cross-posting (which I'm doing here ) offers an out.  But to keep Iris-photos on track as "iris photos" these kinds of discussions need to be shifted entirely over to Iris-talk, not just cross posted.

In the future, should such a thread begin to develop, I think all of us involved need to recognize the different identity of the two sites and move to the one designed for such discussions.

I learn a great deal from people like Dave Ferguson, Robert Pries and various others who post and I value the ongoing discussion greatly.   I think it important that others have the same opportunity, which as you point out, is more likely on Iris-talk due to the membership roster of the two sites being rather different.

Since most of these threads that develop in the way this one did contain both photographic as well as textual information, it seems logical to me that we continue on the Iris-talk side and cross-reference to Iris-photos only when a post including a photo of interest is included, rather than the manner in which we continued this time.

Neil Mogensen    z   7  western NC

Yahoo! Groups Links