Re: Iris Discussions

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris Discussions
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:39:12 -0800 (PST)

John; I have never initiated thes discussions, simply answered. If All you would like to see in text messages is thats pretty I can do that. I have not suggested changing your format

John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:

My point is, that this is primarily a list for the exchange of
photographs. You and I have had this discussion before Robt. I don't
want to have it again.

In the 5 1/2 years that this list has been running, people have enjoyed
this list for what it is. I see no purpose in changing it.

John

On Mar 18, 2004, at 7:46 AM, Robt R Pries wrote:

> Unfortunately I am not a member of hortnet. I try to keep my answers
> brief. I realize that is a better place for discussions, but the
> delete key is always available,
>
> John I Jones wrote:
> ALL,
>

> Over the last several months there have been several indepth
> discussions on iris-photos that have arisen out of a picture posted to
> that list. I have no desire to suppress that kind of discussion, but a
> lot of the discussion would be appropriate for iris@hort.net.  Many
> people on iris@hort would be interested in these discussions but for
> various reasons choose not to subscribe to iris-photos.
>
> So I would ask this:
>
> If you want to get into a discussion about something (Germanica is a
> good example) how about at least cross posting your messages to
> iris@hort.net. Once a message is addressed that way, clicking "Reply
> All"  instead of just "Reply" will take care of posting to both lists.
>
> The membership on iris@hort is larger and you are likely to get a
> broader range of responses as well. Additionally, getting the messages
> into the archives of iris@hort are more reliable than messages coming
> from iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>

> Thanks
>
> John                | "There be dragons here"
>                           |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                           |  to indicate the edge of the known world.

> For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop at:
> http://www.AISGiftShop.com
>
> USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Fremont, California, USA
> Director, American Iris Society
> Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member Services
>
> Online Iris Checklists at: http://www.irisregister.com
>
> Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending:
> Subscribe iris
> To: majordomo@hort.net
> Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
>
> Subscribe to iris-photos at:
> http://yahoogroups.com/subscribe/iris-photos
> Archives at:http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <300x250_uofp_yellow_arrows.gif>
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> ? To visit your group on the web, go to:
>
> ? To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
> ? Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

John | "There be dragons here"