Re: Re: SPECIES: why here? germanica

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: SPECIES: why here? germanica
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:10:30 -0800

On Mar 18, 2004, at 11:25 AM, <willwarner@alltel.net> wrote:

> I originally posted my pics of Germanica to get a verification that it
> was correct, based on the pictures I posted.  I'm not a signed up with
> iris talk, but will soon.  I appreciate all the info I got, but didn't
> realize the thread would get so long.  I also didn't realize that
> there was sooo much confusion about what could be referred to as the
> species I. Germaica.  Is it possible, or acceptable to post pics on
> Iris-talk?  Just wanted to explain why I posted it here.  Thanks, Will
> Warner

Will,

I think that your original post was completely appropriate for
iris-photos although I do have a soap box I get on occasionally about
the foibles of using computer images for identification (I am not going
there now...<G>)

And bringing to light the confusion about germanica is a great topic,
just that i wish it would have been at least cross posted to
iris@hort.net, so that those folk could have benefitted and perhaps
added to the discussion.

All that being said, I am trying very hard not to come down heavily on
the issue. I want the list to be enjoyable for everyone, but we do need
to remember why it was created in the first place (see my other post)

Thanks to all for understanding.

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA