Re: SPECIES: why here? germanica

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: SPECIES: why here? germanica
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:42:15 -0000

> On iris-photos you set your subscription to "No-Mail"
> On Iris@h... you subscribe to iris-allow@h...

I'm familiar with the 'no-mail' setting.  That's how I use iris-
photos. But I'm not familiar with the other.  I thought you had to
be a recognized member of a list to cross post or else mail would
not be recognized as being from a member and thus rejected (keeps
spam out, for one thing, thankfully).  So in order for all the
participants of the thread to cross post, then all participants
would need to be members.  They could do that via 'no mail' on
either or both groups couldn't they?  That would entail working from
the archives to some extent.

The other question is that if message is cross posted, a reply
wouldn't automatically be cross posted, would it?  When I replied to
Neil's message earlier today that appeared on both lists, I replied
via the hortnet posting, but my reply didn't automatically send to
iris-photos.  That could have been because Neil posted in two
separate messages, I don't know.  So in order to reply I had to add
the other list email address (and messed it up).  Here I'm not
trying to cross post, but there are times when that would be nice
for those who are members of both groups, even when a long text
thread is not involved.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links