Re: Re: Iris Discussions-My Apologies

  • Subject: Re: Re: [iris-photos] Iris Discussions-My Apologies
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:20:33 -0500

John, you certainly have nothing to apologize about as far as I'm concerned.  Being in the hot-seat as list moderator for both Iris-talk and Iris-photos cannot be an easy task with a bunch of us who are both a bit roudy and "full of it" when it comes to iris matters.  I have come to envy your diplomatic and thoughtful direction.

My only problem is that I have time on my hands and spend more than a fair share of time at the computer.  I know I have contributed toward blurring the distinctions between the lists and have made a commitment to being more thoughtful in the future.

I have both lists set to "no mail" by the methods you describe.  Even with cable hook-up the e-mail setting tended to flood me out.  Limiting the participation to my logging on and going to the archive sites has rarely limited my viewing of photos and other attachments.  Yahoo's processes seem to strip off some things I want to see on occasions for Iris-photos but only rarely.  The manner I have these set up leaves me the freedom to deal with the endless spam I receive via e-mail in a fairly simple manner.  Then I can enjoy reading the posts on the iris sites at my leisure (of which I have nearly unlimited amounts at present).

Neil Mogensen   z   western NC

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links