Re: Just for fun - Night Gardening

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Just for fun - Night Gardening
  • From: Jean Richter <richter@eecs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:11:40 -0800

I certainly hope there are still some iris in bloom them, since
our club show is the first week of May! The PCIs may be done by
then (the wild ones are in full swing now), but there should
still be some TBs blooming then. LAs I don't know about -
they're a bit hard to find out here and I don't know of too
many people that grow them. The cherry trees are starting
to bloom already, so they may be bloomed out by then.

Unfortunately the week you'll be here is the week of
the national convention, so it may be hard to find
any iris folks to show you the sights :-)

Jean

Janice L. Haney wrote:
> Jean, I'm planning a trip to SF in mid April.  What is my chances of finding
> irises of any sort in bloom then (Apr 19-24)?  I was hoping there may be
> some LAs or PCIs, and cherry blossoms for the festival.  Any info you could
> provide would be great.  Thanks!
>
> Jan
> Upstate NY
> Zone 4a