Re: Arilbred iris (was Re: AB: Bagdad's Folly)

  • Subject: Re: Arilbred iris (was Re: [iris-photos] AB: Bagdad's Folly)
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:11:20 -0700

Hi Barbara,

I'm not sure whether or not the arilbreds will do well for you up there.   I've read and have been told that they really tend to grow well in the dryer warmer climates.  However, I've also read/heard that the arilbreds which have been bred using TB's are easier to grow in tougher climates like yours, than those which do not have TB's in their background.

I hope this helps you.  And I hope someone more knowledgeable on the subject can answer this more thoroughly for you.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net