Re: Guest Bed Visitors

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Guest Bed Visitors
  • From: "Arilpums" <arilpums@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:30:47 -0800

Michael, You could also consider rabbit stew. It can be delicious. In France my first experience to rabbits was at my grandmother's. Pierre, my little pet friend, was no longer around. We had him for dinner and of course I was allowed not to have to partake of the stew, but later I learned to love rabbit stew. [The rabbit was not their friend just mine. They had several rabbits for food purposes as well as pigeons. We ate well. Years ago, my mother came to live with us in California, and one day she decided to have some quail for dinner. So she set up traps [unknown to us] and we did have a fine meal, but we informed her in California it is illegal to do that, they are protected. We warned her not to try catching any wild rabbits because  California is endemic for tularemia in rabbits which can be harmful to man. So that was never tried. Didn't mean to digress.