Re: hairy seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] hairy seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:03:47 -0600

Hello Margie,
>Oh MY!!!!  :-)   Is that INTERESTING!  What will you be dong with it?
I'll daub around with it and see what happens.  That's if it survives long enough.  This is a one year seedling and it put on five increases.  The original seedling didn't survive a mild winter, three of the increase fans will bloom.  Here is the first bloom on the second stalk (first in background).  I had to measure the beard again to see if it was as wide and it, too, registered just over 3/4 inch.  Some arilbreds have beards nearly all across the top of the falls.  I think maybe why this one looks so hairy is that it comes so far down the falls.  It appears about half the signal pattern is covered by the beard.  This bloom had a lull in the wind and got a temporary break.  At least they are managing the wind pretty well.  A sibling bloom and had lots of beard, but only measured 3/8 inch.  Different color as well.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image