From: "Robt R Pries" <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] i. Albicans?

> I am pretty confident that it is albicans, but I welcome any dissenting
views. It is always hard to identify plants from photos but considering the
other choice is probably I. florentina i think the branching is more like
albicans. I have been having a hard time finding a photo that would show the
short stubby branches and spurs typical of albicans for the encyclopedia and
this is the best shot of that feature I have seen. Would you allow me to use
it with credit of course?

> Pearl Doyle <pdoyle@our-town.com> wrote:Is this i. Albicans? On a
genealogy research trip three years ago I found this iris growing in an
abandoned cemetery. Most of the headstones in that cemetery were dated in
the late 1800's. I commented "My kind of flower. It has grown here for at
least a hundred years with no help from a human hand." My sister found a bag
and gathered us a start. I realize they could have been planted at a later
date, but the cemetery has not been tended for a long time and I think they
couldn't have been much later than the early 1900's.

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>

> > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=NicksIris_clump.JPG
>

> > ATTACHMENT part 3 image/jpeg name=NicksIris_detail.JPG

Yahoo! Groups Links