Re: another RAMAYANA sdlg

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] another RAMAYANA sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:46:55 -0600

Thank you both Francelle and Margie. And at the least the plant thanks you.  This is maiden bloom on a one year seedling, so it's ability to perform is still an open question.  What I posted was a day old bloom.  As a fresh bloom it had a wash of what I'd call 'bluebird blue' (w/reference to the bird) on the falls leaving an edge of about 3/8 inch that showed the pinkness inherent in the color.  The blue shows in this earlier photo, but is not as distinct or defined or true as the blue was on first opening.  I think cameras often don't like blue.  It completely disappeared after a day.  I liked it, but wasn't too surprised that the intense blue didn't hang around.  It was clearly a wash of color sitting on the surface.  I also am trying to figure out where that particular shade of blue might have come from.

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image