Re: Re: Re: Allbicans ? Florentina?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Re: Allbicans ? Florentina?
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:10:02 -0500

At least this post points to photos even if it doesn't have them......Colleen, take a look at the HIPS "Quick Fix" list.  Florentina is listed alphabetically as a variety with both an excellent photo and a careful verbal description.
*I. albicans* is listed with the species, (same alphabetical list, but under "i") with a photo against a black background and no verbal content.  I found the high contrast of the photo makes it difficult to discern the kinds of things that really would identify a growing plant--at least for me.
The HIPS site may be very helpful.
(Bill--I at least went to school--from three different points of view--on the religion matter and even have some letters I could list after my name.  The other I did on my own.  Took longer, soaked in deeper, I think--no letters tho)
Neil Mogensen  z  7   western NC

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links