Re: HIST:Swerti vs. Swertii & a bit on plicata origins

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: HIST:Swerti vs. Swertii & a bit on plicata origins
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:23:01 -0800 (PST)

It's curious to me that Swerti or Swertii has pinched
falls. All of the plicata seedlings in my bunch of F1
('Kupari' white pallida X variegata) have this same
characteristic - but none of the non-plicata seedlings
have the pinched falls. I've cross-posted this to
"Iris-Photos" so you can see one of these "Pinched"
plicata from pallida X variegata. Maybe this is a
trait that is linked to the plicata gene.

Does anyone know if this is something that tetraploid
plicata seedlings also have tendency to do?? Or has
this been bred out of the tetraploids and/or the
linkage broken??

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo